The Printing Industries of Wisconsin (PIW), &
The Institute for Graphics and Imaging (IGI)
November 11, 2009
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
In today's economy it is essential to know your true costs so you are more competitive on the desirable work and avoid the less lucrative work. This workshop will teach you how to develop and calculate hourly cost rates of your production equipment and employees. You will learn how to distribute 100 percent of your expenses among your cost centers so that your costs are fully absorbed in your estimates, actual costs, and pricing. All participants will receive forms and a spreadsheet that can be used to develop your own hourly cost rates.
What Attendees Will Learn?
- What budgeted hourly rates (BHR's)
- How to develop BHR's for your equipment
- The components of budgeted hourly rates
- Where to get the information and numbers
- How to recover your overhead costs
- What to do when equipment is fully depreciated or paid for
- How to compensate for under-utilized equipment
- Calculating direct manufacturing and all-inclusive costs
- Example prepress, press, and finishing BHR's
- Software and publications available to help develop BHR's
- How to use BHRs for pricing and job costing
- What to do when your cost is more than your customers will pay
Who Should Attend?
Principles, managers, financial officers, estimators, cost accountants, billing personnel, department managers, or anyone wanting to improve estimating, pricing, and costing skills.
Click here to download the seminar brochure and registration information.